I may stick around for extra cash on the weekends, but the beauty of this whole situation is that I don't HAVE to stick around. I can completely turn my back on Old Navy and be ok. More than ok.
I start at my new office on the 26th of September. My last day at Old Navy is the 22nd. This coming weekend will be my last as a retail employee. I can dedicate myself to my students, to my passions. I can visit long lost family and friends in other states, without having to worry about who will be there to do markdowns, or put up signs, or handle spreadsheets.
Someone else will have to learn how to work the lights, and the AC unit, and the LOD sheets, and the Top 30 report. Dan is probably going to flounder for a bit, trying to find someone to do the work that I do for such little money. Honestly... my position is not worth it. At all. I feel sorry for whoever takes it, I really do. I hope they get promoted quickly, and that they don't have to waste their time in that position for 5 years. I hope Dan goes to bat for them the way he didn't go to bat for me.
I'm embarking on a journey, friends, where I can truly be an adult, and I will not be embarassed to talk about my job. You can join me on it, right here.
No comments:
Post a Comment