5.16.2011

Fears, rational and irrational.

Graduate. Degree-holding citizen. These words actually APPLY to me now. Yes, really. I didn't think the day would ever come either. It's been an incredibly long journey, one that I'm happy to have completed. I'm also really glad that I didn't stress myself out and try to do it in 4 years. As a good friend of mine says... graduating from college after 4 years is like leaving the party at 10 pm. And well, it's kind of true. If I'd done it in 4, I never would have met the awesome people I have over the past year or so (I'm lookin' at you, ladies, Meg and Kat!). Things have honestly never been better for me, and I'm ready to move on to the next step.

But I'm afraid.

I get bouts of fear, usually at night, when lying in bed, thinkin' about stuff. Or, when I'm driving around in the Central West End, windows open, the weather perfect. Or, when I'm wandering around Plowsharing Crafts, searching for finger puppets made of free trade materials.

Will I find people like you in Tallahassee? Will I find places like these? Will I adjust accordingly, the way I adjusted so well to St. Louis?

Having my father here for 3 days opened my eyes a little bit. I had to play tour guide for someone from my home town. Where did I take him?

Delmar. Central West End. Oishi. My favorite places to get a good drink. My favorite places to hear live music. My favorite places to people watch. My favorite places to get great food.

I'm scared to leave these places, scared to leave these people. I hit my stride here... am I really ready to leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment