11.29.2010

House of Mouse

No, this will not be a post about Disney. Sorry, friends. This is a post about the scritching and scratching going on in my walls.

I work retail. This week has been hell. I got home Thursday night [[read: Thanksgiving]] after working until 11. I got into bed, warm and snuggly. I started hearing... things... in my wall. I tried to ignore it, afterall, I was exhausted, and trying to prepare for Black Friday. It got progressively louder, and I gave up and slept on the couch.

Mom, in all of her glory, offered to check the walls and under my bed for critters. She didn't find anything... so I thought I was just insane.

I slept peacefully Friday and Saturday. Comfortably, actually.

Fast forward to Sunday, 11:45 pm. I change into PJs, ready to settle in and work on the homework I'd been putting off all week (oops...). I stop by the bathroom, and hear scratching. Again. I calm myself down, reminding myself that Mom and the dogs (and cat!) didn't find anything.

Then, I see a tail.

Then furry ears.

Above my head. Standing on exposed piping in the ceiling of my basement bathroom.

I immediately ran upstairs to tell mom (i.e., wake her up).

She's agreed to call the landlord and have an exterminator come out, but until then, I'm going to have nightmares about mice crawling on me in my sleep.

I'm cruelly forcing my dog to have a slumber party with me in the basement so he can catch anything that wiggles out of the wall.

The only thing consoling me at this point is the fact that... if there are mice... there are no snakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment