9.02.2009

School Funding: What's right, and what's fair?

I'm a little on the fence. From an economic, government standpoint- I can understand the ruling. However, I've also always been fortunate enough to attend schools-- primary, secondary, and universities-- that have been adequately funded. My education has never lacked. I'm also a self-made student... I get what I put in, and I'm more than willing to work around any disadvantages that have come up. But, is there validity in Wolff's argument? What DOES entitle Clayton to get more money than Festus? The answer: tax payers. People move to areas like Clayton specifically for the higher class housing and higher quality education. The more you pay for your real estate, chances are, the better school your children will attend. Do YOU want to pay a higher tax for someone else's kid to get a better education, but not to improve that of your own? Even if the education your child is getting is still at a much higher caliber than that of the Festus child? The average American would say: Hell no!

No comments:

Post a Comment