Smart move on the part of both involved. Disney provides a bigger budget for Marvel, and Marvel provides newer, edgier characters for Disney's failing attempts to maintain an audience. Those of us that grew up with innovative projects ranging from cell animation in Aladdin and the Lion King, to the scary-- but exciting-- trip into computer animation in Finding Nemo and Wall-E. Pixar has done wonders for the Disney franchise. Nerds like myself love witty movies that are produced in an eye-catching way. I'm over the High School Musical bullshit.
I'm worried about what happens to things like Marvel Island at Universal's Islands of Adventure. Universal Parks have really expanded over the years, creating awesome roller coasters, and evolving when necessary. Disney's Magic Kingdom is still magical-- if you're 7. I love Disney, please do not read me wrong. I still ride Pirates of the Caribbean every time I'm in Orlando. But when it comes to visually appealing, eye-catching, breath-taking excitement... Universal is the place to go. Will Universal lose their cred for this? Will Marvel Island be shut down? Will they have to take out the Incredible Hulk coaster, Dr. Doom's Death Drop, the 3-D Spiderman ride? What will happen to Six Flags, all across the nation?
Movies are at a point these days where I am so used to not enjoying them, I can't even begin to worry about what will happen. I haven't seen a truly incredible movie in quite a while. I'm excited for the prospects, but I'm not going to be overly disappointed if they are flops.
No comments:
Post a Comment